Businesses providing diversity and innovation are
essential to the economy of Florida and Hernando
According to Small
Business Administration statistics, small businesses
than 99 percent of all employers and provide
approximately 75 percent of the net new jobs added
to the economy.
County has it's share of small businesses that make
a welcome contribution to the county's economy.
Whether just starting your small business or expanding
it, Hernando County can be the right place for your
Small Business Administration
504 Loan Application (2.5MB PDF file)
Business.USA.gov: The Business
Gateway to Federal Resources
Pasco/Hernando Chapter 439
Counselors to America's Small Business
A resource partner of the U.S. Small
FREE BUSINESS COUNSELING
If You Are A Business Owner Or Manager,
SCORE Is For You!
Visit the Local SCORE website
Small Businesses looking for
start-up and growth assistance
can get help through
at the University of South Florida
moving into a new location or existing
businesses that are expanding must
contact the Hernando County Development
Department at 352-754-4050 to determine
if a Business Use Permit is required.
A Business Use Permit provides the
business owner the opportunity to meet
with county inspectors to ensure that
the space meets zoning, building, and
fire code requirements for the specific
business. The Business Use Permit also
provides for Certificate of Occupancy
for the business.
Business Plans and Planning
Automated Business Plan Template
- SBA's tool designed to help you build a business plan.
At the end of the program you will be able to generate
and save a formatted business plan which can later be
further modified or presented as a final product.
BizPlanIt's Virtual Business Plan
- Step-by-step walkthrough of business plan sections
including basics to include and mistakes to avoid.
Business Owner's Toolkit
- Downloadable business plan for manufacturer, service
and retailer businesses.
Business Plan Archive
A collection of (primarily dot com) business plans archived
by the University of Maryland.
- Find, view, download and edit sample business plans.
INVenture Business Planner
- Free, online business planning tool with a self-assessment
that asks key questions and produces a downloadable,
personalized business plan. A tutorial provides a helpful
The Plan - A Step-By-Step Business
- MasterCard's Working for Small Business user-friendly
Hernando County Chamber of Commerce
– hosts numerous training, business networking and other
programs which benefit local businesses.
Small Business Development Center
– Operated by the University of South Florida and located
within the Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, the
SBDC provides free one-on-one counseling to new or existing
businesses on a wide variety of topics including business
plans, finance/loans, government contracting and more.
Write a Business Plan that Works
- Step by step guide on how to write a valuable business
plan that can actually guide your business success.
- Mission: to assist local men and women to launch
or purchase an existing business, to assist mature businesses
in successfully resolving marketing/sales, engineering/manufacturing,
human resources, and managerial problems and to assist
local small business owners to either expand their operations
or sell their businesses, to assist our clients to seek
and obtain the necessary funds to carry out their business
objectives, to develop and conduct low-cost small business
seminars for our clients and the general public.
Licenses and permits
Florida state information
- A listing of pertinent Florida Division of Corporations
Business Licenses or Occupational Licenses, formerly
handled by the Tax Collector's Office, are no longer
required in Hernando County. However, building contractors
and state licensed industries must contact the applicable
local or state agency to determine license requirements.
Start-up guides and assistance
Doing Business in Florida
- Designed to provide information to new or existing
business owners; includes sections covering basics,
business plan, legal info, taxes and hiring employees.
Florida Business Portal
- Single point of entry for business registration, filings,
licenses, and permits for doing business in the State
Florida Small Business
- the guide for entrepreneurs and emerging companies.
Home of dba Florida
Starting a Business in Florida
a business in florida/
- A quick reference guide on the basic requirements
to start and operate a business in Florida.
- Corporate expansion in Florida, the leader in business
relocation, investment and development, and startup
Florida Department of Taxation
- Start-up Kit for New Business Owners
- This page contains links to documents routinely distributed
to new business registrants.
Hernando County Office of Business
Development: Small Business
- Hernando County has its share of small businesses
that make a welcome contribution to the county's economy.
Small Business How-to Guide
- The Wall Street Journal's tips for starting a business
including funding, technology, franchising and running
- Checklist for the owner-manager of a small business
enterprise or for one contemplating going into business
for the first time.
Starting a green business
- Guidelines and opportunities for environmentally minded
General Business File ASAP
Broker research, trade publications, newspapers, journals,
and company directories.